Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX


Railway signalling discussion

Parking incident on level crossing

Discussion concerning level crossings

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby LlaniGraham » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm lucky as I have a friend who was a signaller at Machy from the day ERTMS was first brought in, running side-by-side with the old system, and have spent time down there, in the Box and on the simulator, plus I know a few of the drivers.
User avatar
LlaniGraham
Branch line box
Branch line box
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Llanidloes, Powys

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby Fast Line Floyd » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:32 pm

LlaniGraham wrote:I'm lucky as I have a friend who was a signaller at Machy from the day ERTMS was first brought in, running side-by-side with the old system, and have spent time down there, in the Box and on the simulator, plus I know a few of the drivers.

Yes I've had that pleasure too but I was also involved as the signal engineering rep on the committee (bad idea that) that wrote the rules for the system at Machy and are the basis by which the national ERTMS rules were based.
Graham
User avatar
Fast Line Floyd
Main line box
Main line box
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Raunds

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby LlaniGraham » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Fast Line Floyd wrote:
LlaniGraham wrote:I'm lucky as I have a friend who was a signaller at Machy from the day ERTMS was first brought in, running side-by-side with the old system, and have spent time down there, in the Box and on the simulator, plus I know a few of the drivers.

Yes I've had that pleasure too but I was also involved as the signal engineering rep on the committee (bad idea that) that wrote the rules for the system at Machy and are the basis by which the national ERTMS rules were based.


What, the original Rules that were used?
If you were at Machy you probably spoke to my friend then.
User avatar
LlaniGraham
Branch line box
Branch line box
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Llanidloes, Powys

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby Fast Line Floyd » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:18 am

LlaniGraham wrote:
Fast Line Floyd wrote:
LlaniGraham wrote:I'm lucky as I have a friend who was a signaller at Machy from the day ERTMS was first brought in, running side-by-side with the old system, and have spent time down there, in the Box and on the simulator, plus I know a few of the drivers.

Yes I've had that pleasure too but I was also involved as the signal engineering rep on the committee (bad idea that) that wrote the rules for the system at Machy and are the basis by which the national ERTMS rules were based.


What, the original Rules that were used?
If you were at Machy you probably spoke to my friend then.

Yes the original rules that were used and formed the basis of the current rules. I only went there after commissioning on a visit, all my work was in London whilst working for RSSB, a friend of mine was the ATOC rep and spent a lot of time in Machy as well as travelling on the cl 97 test loco's and assisting with the training of the drivers.
Graham
User avatar
Fast Line Floyd
Main line box
Main line box
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Raunds

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby LlaniGraham » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:18 pm

I won't tell you what my friend said!!

Back on topic:
It appears there is extra Police activity in the area now!
The locals are moaning, which isn't unusual!!
User avatar
LlaniGraham
Branch line box
Branch line box
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Llanidloes, Powys

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby Fast Line Floyd » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:28 am

LlaniGraham wrote:I won't tell you what my friend said!!


I can guess!
Graham
User avatar
Fast Line Floyd
Main line box
Main line box
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Raunds

Re: Parking incident on level crossing

Unread postby John Hinson » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:04 pm

I think this discussion is exhauseted. I'm locking it.

John
Image
‹(•¿•)›
User avatar
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6751
Joined: Thu Nov 8, 2007 1:13 pm
Location: at my computer

Previous

Return to Level crossings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests