Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

help to locate to former signal boxes mersey rail area

Q&A relating to the SRS RailRef system, Engineers' Line References, and Milepost Mileages

help to locate to former signal boxes mersey rail area

Unread postby cclose5 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Can any of you Signallers LOMS or Moms out there help me with vital information regarding two signal boxes that were situated within Park Branch Tunnel and Liverpool Central Cut and Cover Tunnel
One was on CWK i believe between Birkenhead Park and Conway Park ,and the other HXS between Liverpool Central and Brunswick , i could be wrong so i am trying to ascertain how these would have been accessed when they were in use
My job is to find out information on mileage for demolition purpose, and i require to give my client requester Eastings and Northings of both these former signal boxes which we have a contract to demolish
There is nothing showing with the Hazard Directory which includes Eastings and Northings , nor does Marlin pick up the accurate mileage
Any help would be appreachiated
cclose5
Trainee
Trainee

Re: help to locate to former signal boxes mersey rail area

Unread postby beast66606 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Sadly not a signaller, LOM or MOM but I'm sure my knowledge is just as useful :shock:

Do you mean Adelphi Street between Park and Hamilton Square ?

The structure is still present, I believe it was accessed via a hatch from the road above but nowadays it would need access from the tunnel itself.

Not sure of any between Central and Brunswick :?
Better to be thought a fool than to type a response that confirms it.

DAS
beast66606
Branch line box
Branch line box

Return to RailRef & ELR