Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Help for newcomers

For railway modellers to discuss and share ideas on realistic signalling arrangements.

Help for newcomers

Unread postby Peter Jordan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:09 pm

For any folk who (like our friend who wants help signalling his GNSR layout) come to this section of the Forum fresh and want help regarding posting of diagrams, photos etc. you should find all the details that you need in the 'About this Forum' section which appears on the list towards the bottom of the home page.

Peter Jordan
Peter Jordan
Main line box
Main line box

Re: Help for newcomers

Unread postby 1ngram » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Can you point me where exactly?
1ngram
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby Peter Jordan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Sorry, no. I asked the DI (forum owner and administrator) if he could post some information but he was unable to and so I posted on his behalf, based on the information he gave me. Hopefully he'll be able to come to the rescue.

Peter Jordan
Peter Jordan
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby Keith » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:47 pm

There was a bit of discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2376.

If you use photobucket (and other sites may be similar), once you've up loaded a photograph, pointing to it brings up a little menu; if you then click on the img code, you can paste it directly into a forum message. Do make sure, though, that you resize any larger photograph to a maximum of 750 x 750 pixels to comply with the forum rules, which can be accessed here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1340. My technique is to resize before uploading - but make sure you don't over-write the original version with the resized version!
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Unread postby John Hinson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:02 am

Peter Jordan wrote:Sorry, no. I asked the DI (forum owner and administrator) if he could post some information but he was unable to and so I posted on his behalf, based on the information he gave me. Hopefully he'll be able to come to the rescue.

My apologies for giving you the wrong information, Peter - this is found under Announcements and Important Information at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35. Clearly nobody reads "important information" as noone came up with the right answer!

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:24 am

signalman wrote:Clearly nobody reads "important information" as noone came up with the right answer!
Do you mind? I gave a link to the rules page, so he would have the links to other rules as well as that one. :P
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Unread postby John Hinson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 am

Keith wrote:
signalman wrote:Clearly nobody reads "important information" as noone came up with the right answer!
Do you mind? I gave a link to the rules page, so he would have the links to other rules as well as that one. :P

I don't mind at all. Do you?

The only link I see from you goes to the About This Forum section, not Announcements and Important Information.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 pm

signalman wrote:The only link I see from you goes to the About This Forum section, not Announcements and Important Information.
Look again...
I wrote:Do make sure, though, that you resize any larger photograph to a maximum of 750 x 750 pixels to comply with the forum rules, which can be accessed here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1340.
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Unread postby John Hinson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Keith wrote:Look again...

Ah yes, I see it now. Should have gone to Specsavers.

J
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Signalling - model railways/simulators