- A sketch of the track layout. This should include plaforms, bridges, goods sheds, line curvature and any other information to indicate how it operates. Direction of travel on tracks used in one direction should be marked with arrows or chevrons. Sketches should be uploaded in accordance with the guidelines in the Announcements and Important Information section of this forum at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35
- Approximate date being modelled.
- Pre-grouping railway company that supposedly built the line.
- Anticipated traffic patterns, e.g. summer tourist trains etc
- Semaphore or colour-light signalling
- Overhead electification?
- Anything else tha could affect positioning of signals
Please start a new topic for each enquiry, heading it with the name of your station or other clear means.
Sometimes, your layout may have features that would never have been adopted in real life. This may be mentioned in the replies you receive, and alternatives suggested, but it will be recognised that there are sometimes limitations in modelling that will necessitate this. It may be difficult to signal something that would never have existed but every effort will be made.