Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Aberystwyth - Bryn Teifi

British signalling of the past (UK, excepting Northern Ireland)

Aberystwyth - Bryn Teifi

Unread postby MusicalPuffer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:37 pm

In 1960, most Sectional Appendices were reissued. However, as Swansea Area had been reissued in 1958, there was, it seems, no 1960 reissue thereof. This gives rise to a query about the above section of GWR line which was (for some reason) hitherto included in the Oswestry Area (Cambrian) Appendix. However, the 1960 Shrewsbury book ends at Aberystwyth and states that the Swansea book should be consulted for the above stretch. My question is therefore which edition of said book is meant?

Martin Keall,
POOLE.
MusicalPuffer
Crossing box
Crossing box

Re: Aberystwyth - Bryn Teifi

Unread postby Keith » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:31 pm

I do not have a Swansea SA, but my copy of the Shrewsbury SA has had some amendments added, though nothing relating to your question. I would have expected a supplement to the 1958 Swansea SA to have been published in 1960, partly to advise that the adjacent area had changed from Oswestry to Shrewsbury (and any similar changes) and partly to add this section of line. Alternatively, it may just have been included in the appropriate WON/PON. Thus the reference would be to the 1958 edition, as amended.
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Re: Aberystwyth - Bryn Teifi

Unread postby GarthTilt » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Although this was posted back in 2010, I can confirm that the 'Swansea Operating District' Supplement No.2 dated July, 1960, does have the table 'A' amendment which includes: 'Carmarthen Junction to Bryn Teify (Exclusive)' to be amended to read 'Carmarthen Junction to Aberystwyth (Exclusive)'.'Lampeter to Aberayron' was also to be added after 'Pencader to Newcastle Emlyn'. The entries did not appear in the No1 Supplement dated August, 1958.
GarthTilt
Branch line box
Branch line box

Return to Signalling - historical