Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Edge Hill & Olive Mount Chord Reinstatement

British signalling of the past (UK, excepting Northern Ireland)

Edge Hill & Olive Mount Chord Reinstatement

Unread postby Andy Overton » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

For some time I have been struggling to unravel the provision of new panels at Edge Hill box in connection with the 2008 Olive Mount Chord reinstatement. What I have been told from S&T sources is that the 1985 BR(LMR) NX panel was supplemented on 06/05/2008 by an additional panel to work the connections to the new chord and the signalling thereon to facilitate engineering works (the line being under possession / construction). I would like to have this confirmed and I would also like to know the make and type of this additional panel.

The Olive Mount Chord was commissioned on 01/12/2008 but the story goes that the existing arrangement of 1985 panel + supplementary continued in use beyond this time. At some later date these two panels were replaced by the current TEW NX panel - I would like to know when this was.

If anyone can help with information or suggest contacts who may be able to help I would be most interested to hear from you. Despite extensive digging I have yet to get to the bottom of it.
Route-setting panels and MAS - older than BR Standard steam
Andy Overton
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Return to Signalling - historical