Can anyone kindly supply information relating to the early years of this crossing.
Stocks Lane is to the north of Malvern on the Worcester & Hereford Railway, on the section opened in 1859 which is before the existence of signal boxes and locking frames in the form we are familiar with.
Based on the information in the Signal Box Register it seems that signalling (other than station signals) was implemented in the 1870s.
The Ordnance Survey surveyed the area in 1884 and their 6" map published in 1886 marks a signal box on the up side of the line, Malvern side of the crossing. This puts the signal box more or less where the replacement signal box erected in 1900 now stands, possibly between that box and the highway.
Stocks Lane box was renamed Newland East in 1929 in conjuction with the opening of a motor halt by the crossing.