Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Willesden Carriage Shed North box

British signalling of the past (UK, excepting Northern Ireland)

Willesden Carriage Shed North box

Unread postby actonwells » Wed Feb 1, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi

Not sure if this should be in historic or current. Can anyone supply a diagram of Willesden Carriage Shed North box prior to the opening of Wembley Yard box? I have just acquired the diagram from Sudbury Up Sidings Hump Shunting Frame box and would like to know how it interfaced. I have a few lever plates from North box too and I would like to number them on the back.

I used to work the box but strangely I never photographed the interior! It wasn't my favourite box, always a long walk although it was an interesting walk through the yard! It had lots of eccentricities too, always caught me out! The Carriage sidings GF nearly always failed whenever I released it!

Any help most welcome.
actonwells
Branch line box
Branch line box

Re: Willesden Carriage Shed North box

Unread postby John Hinson » Wed Feb 8, 2017 3:33 pm

I have made a plan available at http://www.signalbox.org/diagrams.php?id=1131 which should show the information you are looking for.

I'm sorry this has taken so long, had a bit of a post-holiday backlog to deal with!

Interior views available at:
http://shop.studio433.co.uk/index.php?r ... egory_id=0

Best regards,

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby actonwells » Thu Feb 9, 2017 12:46 am

That's perfect John, thank you for taking the time to post it. Just one question, where the two 'Stonebridge Gantry Sidings' where they unloaded the coal from Toton in those unique hopper wagons for Stonebridge Park power station?
actonwells
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby MylesHSG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 am

The original diagram is underneath the current one there now. The glue is starting to weaken, won't be long until it comes away completely to reveal to old one.
MylesHSG
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Signalling - historical