Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

BR LMR Type 15 signalbox

British signalling of the past (UK, excepting Northern Ireland)

BR LMR Type 15 signalbox

Unread postby BRANSTYNO2SIGNALMAN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Dear Friends
Can anyone please help me obtain or were i can get hold of the official BR Standard Signalbox Booklet on Size 1 to 15, Ordering Particulars, Box cross section & Amenities layout plan,i have worked two of this type of Signalbox, Nethertown ( unofficially as a teenager) and Corkickle No2 as a BR Signalman,i look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.
Many Thanks
Kind Regards
Allan Beck
BRANSTYNO2SIGNALMAN
Trainee
Trainee

Re: BR LMR Type 15 signalbox

Unread postby RDNA » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 am

by BRANSTYNO2SIGNALMAN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Dear Friends
Can anyone please help me obtain or were i can get hold of the official BR Standard Signalbox Booklet on Size 1 to 15, Ordering Particulars, Box cross section & Amenities layout plan

Allan,

I'm not at all sure that such a booklet exists.

I think the system of classifying box designs by number is an invention of the Signalling Record Society (I admit that I've not studied it though) however I would think that someone could point you towards drawings of LMR standard boxes.

Regards Dave

PS I've just found this discussion on RM Web http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29606 which my be useful, there is a table of dimensions for size 1 to 15.
RDNA
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

More ethical, perhaps, to buy the book than copy the detail copied from it. I would hasten to add that although a co-author I do not get a penny for the privelidge.

I believe Frances Peacock at the Signalling Record Society was making a detailed study of this type of box, maybe an enquiry there would bear fruit.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Sharpey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 pm

What Allan is referring to do exist as a standard design booklet (or set of drawings) as Size 1 to 15, not to be confused with the Type 15 classification that we are more used to in these circles.

I don't personnally have a copy (would love to get an original myself!) but there are copies on the Flikr site of "bescotbeast". They can be found by searching for Type 15 in the search facility in the photostream (magnifying glass just above the photos, not the main search at the top) if the following link doesn't work. https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id= ... =type%2015

Alternately they are amongst numerous pictures of the type in the Flikr group for Type 15 signal boxes https://www.flickr.com/groups/1536974@N24/pool/

I suspect that this would answer the query.
Sharpey
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Mike Hodgson » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:13 pm

Sharpey wrote:They can be found by searching for Type 15 in the search facility in the photostream (magnifying glass just above the photos, not the main search at the top) if the following link doesn't work.

Given what you said in the previous sentence should that read Size 15?
Mike Hodgson
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:21 am

Mike Hodgson wrote:Given what you said in the previous sentence should that read Size 15?

I don't think so - but the first link given works perfectly anyway so it really doesn't matter.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby BRANSTYNO2SIGNALMAN » Fri May 5, 2017 1:02 pm

Thank you all for your replies , Sharpey ,I have seen this booklet it would be nice to have a copy I will keep on Trying.
Kind regards
Allan
BRANSTYNO2SIGNALMAN
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Signalling - historical