Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Birmingham West Suburban Railway...and beyond!

British signalling of the past (UK, excepting Northern Ireland)

Birmingham West Suburban Railway...and beyond!

Unread postby DJY475 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 am

Having recently moved to King's Norton, I wonder if any of you chaps would be able to enlighten me with regards the route's signalling pre-Saltley PSB. I've seen the diagrams for Selly Oak and Bournville on the main site, however information for this route seems to be scarce to say the least. The best I've managed is an SRS copy of Barnt Green Main Line Junction. If anybody could produce any more signalling diagrams for the route between New Street and Barnt Green, especially for King's Norton or Church Road Junction, I would be very grateful indeed!
Thanks,
Dan
DJY475
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Birmingham West Suburban Railway...and beyond!

Unread postby alancolq » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi Dan - you may have seen this site already, www.warwickshirerailways.com. There are no SB diagrams for the West Suburban, save for a sketch of the layout at Church Road Junction, but there are a lot of photos that may give a rough idea of some of the layouts.
Best regards,
Alan
alancolq
Crossing box
Crossing box

Re: Birmingham West Suburban Railway...and beyond!

Unread postby DJY475 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Alan. I have seen that site, and the layout sketch for Church Road was incredibly helpful in producing an un-numbered (and possibly incomplete) sketch of the signalling at that location.
Thanks,
Dan
DJY475
Trainee
Trainee

Return to Signalling - historical