Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Lost a (very) few posts?

Comments and questions about the forum

Lost a (very) few posts?

Unread postby StevieG » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:23 pm

Not at all sure about this; but when logged-on late last night for what has now turned out to be the last time, pre-upgrade, I thought the total number of posts read 14192.
Logging on this morning, and finding the site running with the upgraded software, the total posts count was only 14188, if I'm not mistaken ... ?
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Re: Lost a (very) few posts?

Unread postby John Hinson » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 pm

StevieG wrote:Not at all sure about this; but when logged-on late last night for what has now turned out to be the last time, pre-upgrade, I thought the total number of posts read 14192.
Logging on this morning, and finding the site running with the upgraded software, the total posts count was only 14188, if I'm not mistaken ... ?

You are not at all mistaken.

I have moved some informational threads into the Announcements section from this part, and removed some now out-of-date comments.

Also, bear in mind that the General Chat section is set up to automatically delete old threads after a certain age.

And despite all that, the indexing of the data for the search engine is still chugging away something like fifteen hours after it started! "This can take from a few minutes to a few hours depending on your board’s size" is what they say.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost a (very) few posts?

Unread postby StevieG » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Fair do's Thanks for info., and didn't know/recall the time limit on General Chat posts.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Return to About this forum