Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Photographs and Margins plus other Comments on the New Style

Comments and questions about the forum

Photographs and Margins plus other Comments on the New Style

Unread postby Keith » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:11 am

My previous postings on photographs and margins seem to have disappeared, so in a new thread...

The new style (the name of which gets absolutely no complaints from me!) has removed the empty margin and correctly-sized 750 pixel photographs now fit perfectly. :) It means I quickly notice when anyone breaks that rule! :roll:

I like the "save" button (I don't think it was there before) - I've often started writing a message and had to abandon it for some reason or other before it's been ready to post.

It's ages since the last time I had to input my password, so I was quite surprised to get it right first time. :o

I think my other comments have been covered in replies on other threads and I hope the DI finds them all constructive.

Just one more - I don't remember if there was anything similar before, but I'm worried about the day someone contributes a 60000 character message for us all to try to read! :shock: :roll: :lol:
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Re: Photographs and Margins plus other Comments on the New Style

Unread postby Keith » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 am

Oops, I put such a long title on the thread that it shows up an odd issue - the two lines are overlapping! Maybe I should stick to shorter subjects! :oops: :roll:
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Unread postby John Hinson » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 am

Keith wrote:My previous postings on photographs and margins seem to have disappeared, so in a new thread...

The new style (the name of which gets absolutely no complaints from me!) has removed the empty margin and correctly-sized 750 pixel photographs now fit perfectly. :) It means I quickly notice when anyone breaks that rule! :roll:

Great news, glad it works for you now. Be assured that nobody should be able to exceed that size as I am able to set limits. Likewise I could limit the 60000 characters if necessary although we have not experienced any issues on that front. (As I read your note I visualised the 60000 characters as being forum participants!)

There was no intention to insult by removing your earlier discussion about image size but I felt it would confuse others now we are on the new system. I had kept a note and was going to contact you off-group this week to see how you found the new arrangements.

Kindest regards,

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Keith » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 am

signalman wrote:There was no intention to insult by removing your earlier discussion about image size but I felt it would confuse others now we are on the new system.

No problem - I guessed that was the reason.
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Return to About this forum