Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Links.

Comments and questions about the forum

Links.

Unread postby MRFS » Fri Jun 4, 2010 10:15 am

This isn't a problem; more of a general query......

I think most of you that take an interest in these sorts of things are aware that I use Chrome as my browser, and I wonder if this particular breed of jiggery-pokery is confined to Chrome or not: every time I click on a link contained in a post, my browser window leaves the forum completely, rather than opening up a new tab with the link in. Does this happen to anyone else?
ND: Why is there a door handle on the inside of my airing cupboard?
MF: Because it's the fire exit from Narnia.

I like David Lynch films. I don't consider incomprehension to be a barrier to enjoyment.
MRFS

Re: Links.

Unread postby John Hinson » Fri Jun 4, 2010 11:13 am

MRFS wrote:This isn't a problem; more of a general query......

I think most of you that take an interest in these sorts of things are aware that I use Chrome as my browser, and I wonder if this particular breed of jiggery-pokery is confined to Chrome or not: every time I click on a link contained in a post, my browser window leaves the forum completely, rather than opening up a new tab with the link in. Does this happen to anyone else?

It should happen to us all!

If you track back to the discussion titled "Forum not now opening in new window" (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1347) all is explained there ifd you work your way down a few posts. I'm afraid it is all to do with meeting standards, rather than what some - most - nearly all [delete as appropriate] of us would prefer.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Links.

Unread postby MRFS » Fri Jun 4, 2010 11:24 am

Lovely - thanks for the response.
ND: Why is there a door handle on the inside of my airing cupboard?
MF: Because it's the fire exit from Narnia.

I like David Lynch films. I don't consider incomprehension to be a barrier to enjoyment.
MRFS

Return to About this forum