Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Clouded comments

Comments and questions about the forum

Clouded comments

Unread postby gedj2 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 am

Discussion on this extraxcted from Rebuilding Reading - remarkable new style signal appears thread - JH

signalman wrote:
John Webb wrote:Network Rail have posted a video animation of the changes they are making at Reading - see
http://youtu.be/yN2OEXQr4RI

A most remarkable signal appears at around 8 to 10 seconds into the video........

I take it you are referring to the signal aspects in the close-up view emulating a road traffic light in this animation? It would save my time (and undoubtedly that of others) if you are up front when posting and not filling your posting with intrigue.

John

I must disagree with you on that John, if the post had been straight forward I doubt I would have bothered to read it, but as there was that bit of intrigue it did in my view making it more interesting.

Kind regards,

Ged
Ged,
ELR Trainee Signal Engineer
gedj2
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Rebuilding Reading - remarkable new style signal appears

Unread postby John Hinson » Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Dolgoch wrote:I think you're being a tough curmudgeonly there John, can't you tell humour when it's being implied?

Very probably, but I believe it is inappropriate to refer people to anything in a "cloak and dagger" manner. Clearly opinion differs, but I personally would like to know what I am being sent to look at and I believe most others feel the same.

It has absolutely nothing to do with humour. One's choice on this really depends on how much idle time you have on your hands. This forum is for sharing information, it isn't a quiz or a guessing game.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rebuilding Reading - remarkable new style signal appears

Unread postby Robert Gardiner » Mon May 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Only want to post to say I enjoyed watching the video looking out for this "unusual signal".

If it had been spelled out, what would be the point of the link? And taking the hand out of the PR department who made the video? There would have been no surprise revelation!! It was a wry observation and a bit of crack! No harm in that. Spoilers, everyone, spoilers!

What's the saying? All work and no play makes who a dull boy? ;)
Robert Gardiner
Crossing box
Crossing box

Return to About this forum