Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Vanishing Topics

Comments and questions about the forum

Re: Vanishing Topics

Unread postby Keith » Fri Dec 2, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm sure I sometimes take almost that long to respond to some of your essays, so maybe I've missed some. :(
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Unread postby John Hinson » Sun Dec 4, 2011 9:03 am

Jersey_Mike wrote:I noticed that topics over a year old seem to be vanishing from the Overseas section. I was looking to post some recent developed about an older topic when I found that the topic was gone! Just last night even more topics vanished so I guess something was set to filter them out after a year. It's not just me because direct links to the topics from Google just return a thread not found message.

No - its not just you - there seems to have been a problem with the settings on a couple of sub-forums not being carried over properly with the upgrade. I've fixed the settings now.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Keith » Wed Dec 7, 2011 11:25 pm

Jersey_Mike wrote:I was informed that the lost posts are probably not recoverable, but fortunately most of the Essays I wrote I had saved offline so I'll post some links to their new home when they become available. Sorry Keith, but I think all our great Q&A sessions are lost. If anybody remembers something else that was lost let me know and I'll check Google's cache for it.
I've saved the useful links you've provided and I'll probably ask a few of the same questions over again anyway as time goes on, so don't worry on my account.
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Return to About this forum