Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

LINK?

Comments and questions about the forum

LINK?

Unread postby MRFS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I note that the fashion for giving links out has changed - have the non-Southern skins changed so you can see them - for example I would use LINK but other posters might use: and there's also this rather nice twin-arm semaphore - do you get my drift - the hyperlink wasn't that obvious.
ND: Why is there a door handle on the inside of my airing cupboard?
MF: Because it's the fire exit from Narnia.

I like David Lynch films. I don't consider incomprehension to be a barrier to enjoyment.
MRFS

Re: LINK?

Unread postby John Hinson » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:11 am

MRFS wrote:I note that the fashion for giving links out has changed - have the non-Southern skins changed so you can see them - for example I would use LINK but other posters might use: and there's also this rather nice twin-arm semaphore - do you get my drift - the hyperlink wasn't that obvious.

I haven't changed anything since the last major upgrade.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby S&TEngineer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 am

I can see both clearly using the Midland skin.
Regards,
S&TEngineer
-----------------------------------------------------
Out of this nettle, Danger, we pluck this flower, Safety.
Henry IV, Part 1, Act 2, Scene 3
S&TEngineer

Unread postby WembYard » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

If posting links in the way the OP has then I use the underline code round them so it looks like this however, I understood that the DI's preference for links on this forum to be shown in this manner: http://jandjcottrell.zenfolio.com/p7402 ... #h35d1fc98 so that you can see the actual link. BTW, the links were noticable using the Midland skin until clicked on, after which they go a similar colour to the rest of the text.
Signal box photos dating from the 1970s here, many more to be added when time permits.
WembYard
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby Keith » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:05 pm

WembYard wrote:If posting links in the way the OP has then I use the underline code round them so it looks like this ...
I tend to do the same, ever since someone pointed out that there were problems picking them out on one of the skins long before the last upgrade.
WembYard wrote:...BTW, the links were noticable using the Midland skin until clicked on, after which they go a similar colour to the rest of the text.
Can't say I agree with that - the shade becomes less distinct, but the colour is still very different.
Keith
Keith
Special Class Relief
Special Class Relief

Return to About this forum