Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Remaining logged on

Comments and questions about the forum

Remaining logged on

Unread postby Pete2320 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I usually tick the "log me on each visit" box and it has always worked fine up to now. However lately I have had to log on seperatley for each visit, unless I'm only off for a few minutes. Not a serious problem, but I think it worth mentioning.

Pete
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

Re: Remaining logged on

Unread postby Chris Osment » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Have your browser settings by any chance changed to delete cookies on closure?
Chris Osment
West Country Railway Archives
http://www.railwest.org.uk
Chris Osment
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby Pete2320 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Hmm, I wonder? I've recentley updated the browser. I'll try to check.

Pete
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:27 am

Another possibility is that some security software will delete cookies on a regular basis, so it is worth checking the settings there too.

The forum software hasn't been updated recently, nor have I changed any settings, so I don't think the problem is at the server end.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Peter Jordan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm

As there doesn't seem to be any mention of a problem here, can I say that I tried logging onto the forum several times around 12.30pm today and was unable to do so. If I could log on the pages loaded very slowly or would 'freeze' and not respond to any input.

I rang another member of the forum in a different part of the country in case the problem was with my computer, but he had exactly the same problems. All seems to be OK now.

Peter Jordan
Peter Jordan
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby Pete2320 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Sounds like the problem is at my end. I'll see what i can do-or just live with it.

Pete
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Peter Jordan wrote:As there doesn't seem to be any mention of a problem here, can I say that I tried logging onto the forum several times around 12.30pm today and was unable to do so. If I could log on the pages loaded very slowly or would 'freeze' and not respond to any input.

I rang another member of the forum in a different part of the country in case the problem was with my computer, but he had exactly the same problems. All seems to be OK now.

As one of my business customers, you should have received the bulletins that explained the issue and advised when it was resolved. Or you can check at http://www.studio433.co.uk/uptime.php any time.

I do not feel obliged to publish on this forum every small incident that occurs (my priorities are for my business customers), and I think you will find other forums are even less informative.

It doesn't relate in any way to the matter that Pete raised.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Peter Jordan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks for that information John. I can't recall receiving a bulletin, but it may have got accidentally deleted from my 'Inbox.'

I've now saved the link to the 'Uptime' page, since that looks as though it could be very useful in case of future problems.

Peter Jordan
Peter Jordan
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby Pete2320 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 am

I had a look at my settings but couldn't see anything amiss. To be honest, I didn't find anything that seemed relevant but I'm no computer whizz! However the site opened with me logged in today and that was after a good 36 hours. I'll see what happens now, not that it's a major problem.

Pete
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

Return to About this forum