Re: Meet up 2017

Unread postby scarpa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:30 pm

O K for Feb. 18
scarpa
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Tulyar15 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Unfortunately I cannot now make the 18th Feb and it looks like that's the majority choice so far by two thirds.
Tulyar15
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby David Holden » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 am

I did manage to vote for the 18th Feb along with someone else.
If it is going to be the Feb date I would prefer to book my tickets sooner rather than later as the cheap fares are already disappearing.
Either date it's a bus round Shenfield or a trip on the C2C.
David Holden
David Holden
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby David Holden » Thu Feb 9, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm afraid I can no longer make the February date, perhaps I'll try and arrange a summer meeting.
David Holden
David Holden
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Alistair Larter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm

I would like to join up with you and put some faces to names. Unfortunately I'm working at the NEC on Feb 18th but will keep wAtching if you decide a different date.
Alistair Larter
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby StevieG » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:12 am

With 18th Feb. now only seven days away, we still seem to be in some degree of dubiety about this York gathering.

By my reckoning, across the posts of both threads (the poll one seems to have been only partially successfully as far as allowing voting is concerned; still showing only 2 votes for 18th Feb., and 1 vote for 18th Mar.), for 18th Feb. we apparently have : -
- 6 declared 'NO's
- 4 apparent 'YES's
- 1 possible (by inferred wording, but not actually stated).

I have held off making prior contact about involvement with the L&Y Signalling School layout next Sat., hoping for a more definite/better supported position before now.

Given the above, perhaps disappointing, positive numbers, though still free myself, I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it, and whether we should re-arrange for some other future date when more can make it ?
Is it the location that is off-putting ?

Comments?

( Anyone planning to go on Feb. 18th but has not yet stated this ? )
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Unread postby JRB » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:38 am

Location & possible weather. York used to be OK until XC added awkward connections at New Street.
I do approve of locations which don't suit me if they enable more Northerners to come instead however.
JRB
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Unread postby StevieG » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 pm

StevieG wrote:With 18th Feb. now only seven days away, we still seem to be in some degree of dubiety about this York gathering.

By my reckoning, across the posts of both threads (the poll one seems to have been only partially successfully as far as allowing voting is concerned; still showing only 2 votes for 18th Feb., and 1 vote for 18th Mar.), for 18th Feb. we apparently have : -
- 6 declared 'NO's
- 4 apparent 'YES's
- 1 possible (by inferred wording, but not actually stated).

I have held off making prior contact about involvement with the L&Y Signalling School layout next Sat., hoping for a more definite/better supported position before now.

Given the above, perhaps disappointing, positive numbers, though still free myself, I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it, and whether we should re-arrange for some other future date when more can make it ?
Is it the location that is off-putting ?

Comments?

( Anyone planning to go on Feb. 18th but has not yet stated this ? )
JRB wrote:Location & possible weather. York used to be OK until XC added awkward connections at New Street.
I do approve of locations which don't suit me if they enable more Northerners to come instead however.

I understand and agree with that view JRB.
For myself, as there have been no further posts of new or re-confirmed attendees for the 18th Feb. date, I have decided that the journey for me would not be justified, and so am likely to agree to an alternative commitment on that date, leaving those previously favourable to gather apparently numbering no more than 4 : Sorry !

Anyone still going this Saturday -- Please Note: Regarding my earlier offer to make contact with the organisers of the "L&Y Signalling School" in The Warehouse at the NRM with a view to asking them to expect us and perhaps offer us some participation on their wonderfully signalled training layout : - Unfortunately, owing to the seemingly ongoing dubiety regarding the number of participants becoming significant, the situation with this is that I initiated no such contact.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Unread postby Pete2320 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:51 pm

So, as it certainly looks like the February date is dead, should we make March 18th a definite date? It's fine for me but most dates and locations are.
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby StevieG » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:59 pm

18th March still okay with me Pete.
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Unread postby Stuart Johnson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Also OK for me.
Stuart J
Stuart Johnson

Unread postby scarpa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Sadly I have discovered I will be on holiday March 18
scarpa
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Alistair Larter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm

I've put 18th march in the diary.
Alistair Larter
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Can we make a firm decision please? Its all very well thowing a date in the air and letting people say than can or they can't but that gives no certainty whatsoever. As far as I can see we don't even know the location.

And when that firm decision has been made, may I suggest it is posted under a new thread (with the date in the header), and this one can then be locked.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Pete2320 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

John Hinson wrote:Can we make a firm decision please? Its all very well thowing a date in the air and letting people say than can or they can't but that gives no certainty whatsoever. As far as I can see we don't even know the location.

And when that firm decision has been made, may I suggest it is posted under a new thread (with the date in the header), and this one can then be locked.

John

The location was mentioned in the very first post in the thread. It is York. The plan is to meet up at the NRM in the morning, the date having been chosen to coincide with the L&Y signalling layout being in use. Then adjourn to a public house for a pint or two, food and a natter. I favour the York Brewery Tap but not sure if it does food.
If this post generates any more positive responses in the next couple of days, or maybe even if it doesn't, I'll start a new thread in Announcements.
Pete
Pete2320
Main line box
Main line box

PreviousNext

Return to About this forum