StevieG wrote:With 18th Feb. now only seven days away, we still seem to be in some degree of dubiety about this York gathering.
By my reckoning, across the posts of both threads (the poll one seems to have been only partially successfully as far as allowing voting is concerned; still showing only 2 votes for 18th Feb., and 1 vote for 18th Mar.), for 18th Feb. we apparently have : -
- 6 declared 'NO's
- 4 apparent 'YES's
- 1 possible (by inferred wording, but not actually stated).
I have held off making prior contact about involvement with the L&Y Signalling School layout next Sat., hoping for a more definite/better supported position before now.
Given the above, perhaps disappointing, positive numbers, though still free myself, I'm wondering if it's going to be worth it, and whether we should re-arrange for some other future date when more can make it ?
Is it the location that is off-putting ?
( Anyone planning to go on Feb. 18th but has not yet stated this ? )
JRB wrote:Location & possible weather. York used to be OK until XC added awkward connections at New Street.
I do approve of locations which don't suit me if they enable more Northerners to come instead however.
John Hinson wrote:Can we make a firm decision please? Its all very well thowing a date in the air and letting people say than can or they can't but that gives no certainty whatsoever. As far as I can see we don't even know the location.
And when that firm decision has been made, may I suggest it is posted under a new thread (with the date in the header), and this one can then be locked.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest