Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Bromsgrove

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Re: Bromsgrove

Unread postby The Planner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:10 am

I think Water Orton resignalling took most of the Camp Hill to Lifford so Id assume that going to Kings Norton infers that. Redditch is also bound to go over too.
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Wouldn't doubt that the Redditch is included for a minute - it seems to be endemic just to bung documentation through a spellchecker before publication rather than read through it to make sure it makes sense, is in proper English and is not capable of mis-interpretation.
The SA doesn't make it clear how far West Midlands SCC takes, but the re-control area surely could have been defined as Church Road to Redditch. The letter actually refers to Birmingham New St at one point and Five Ways at another.
;
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby The Planner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:02 pm

There is an awful lot of a Network Change that you dont see as I expect you are well aware. The rest of the documentation goes into a lot more detail. The letter is only put up there as a regulatory requirement and even that bit is abridged slightly.
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:14 pm

It seems a rather bonkers regulatory requirement, as there is almost no information in them to allow anyone who hasn't received the full version, complete with appendix A, to comment sensibly.
;
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby The Planner » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Unless you have a track access contract or a major interested party such as a PTE, DfT, ORR etc... you can't comment or object anyway.
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby S&TEngineer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:38 am

The Planner wrote:Unless you have a track access contract or a major interested party such as a PTE, DfT, ORR etc... you can't comment or object anyway.

Moderator Comment: As this is supposed to be a railway signalling forum please stick to the subject in hand and don't digress into a general discussion into regulatory processes.
Regards,
S&TEngineer
-----------------------------------------------------
Out of this nettle, Danger, we pluck this flower, Safety.
Henry IV, Part 1, Act 2, Scene 3
S&TEngineer

Unread postby collexions » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 am

I have draft VDU maps for Bromsgrove WestCad Workstation (Draft from June 2014), Commissioning due 2015.09 (along with Kings Norton WS).

Moderator Note: Link to maps removed due to copyright ownership issues
collexions
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks - it was only yesterday it occurred to me to wonder if there was going to be a separate loop to hold freights waiting a banker or if they would stand on the outermost platform.
;
Here we go again, though, spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar. I would have thought it worth providing bi-di through p.3 to maintain flexibility while freights were waiting a banker in P.1, if not all the way to Blackwell to pass anything struggling.
( I appreciate there aren't many at present but I can see that changing if ATW get sufficiently p..... off by freights coming to grief on the marches or a change of operator).
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby The Planner » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Would cost a fortune for not a lot of use, would never wash its face in a business case.
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:36 pm

There appears to be no facility to cross a train from the down to the up via the loco siding at Blackwell - is that the case currently?
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby keredsonej » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Mike Stone wrote:There appears to be no facility to cross a train from the down to the up via the loco siding at Blackwell - is that the case currently?

This is quite correct. There is no signalled move from the Down Main to Up Main via the layby siding.
keredsonej
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:25 am

Is there a new date for resignalling. This half-term had been mentioned, but this isn't happening. I can't see anything in the engineering access statement for it - in fact the whole route seems to have disappeared, I am guessing the zone boundary will move to Eckington and it has been deleted by Western and not yet published by LNW, although that isn't reflected in the standard possession opportunity pages?
;
If so is the Worcester area moving too, or will trains go in and out of Western?
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby The Planner » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:48 am

Won't be this year from what I hear. Worcester stays in Western, the boundary is just on the other side of Abbotswood and Stoke Works.
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Train approaching » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:03 am

I've heard next summer mentioned for the closure of SY PSB.
Train approaching
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby The Planner » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:00 pm

November 16 I was told today
The Planner
Branch line box
Branch line box

PreviousNext

Return to Signalling - current