Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Nottingham Resignalling

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Re: Nottingham Resignalling

Unread postby dscroggins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Fast Line Floyd wrote:Danny, Does this mean that a seperate display is being provided for this? The current Rugby SCC and Stoke on Trent SCC display this information on both the overview and detail screens and the video wall display as well.
The right-hand screen is for group application only, individual application of all the functions is possible on the detail screens, and, in some cases, the overview screens. Some VSCS systems have non-controllable "overviews"/"superviews"/"video wall"/"mimic panel"/etc in various combinations. (As usual in railway signalling the terminology is already becoming muddled.) I would be surprised if the presence of any of the functions I mentioned wasn't shown on ALL screens, but I believe the right-hand screen in the original photograph is the only method of applying GROUPS of them on a Westcad.
Pull off and stand back.
dscroggins
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby 61248 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Had a wander around Netherfield Junction this morning,all the old signals had obviously been uprooted but was puzzled to see the signal at the end of the former Gedling branch still standing.It's lost it's NJ20 I.D. plate but gained a plastic cover with a white cross over the head.I'm wondering why it wasn't demolished at the same time as the others
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby LowdhamGPR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Good question, I wondered that, the others were all chopped down very quickly, Stihl sawed then placed on a road rail trailer and dragged up to Rectory, possibly the crane couldn't reach it from the track ? Not a clue really, might try and find out.
LowdhamGPR
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 am

I have had computer problems - I assume apart from freight train derailment at Carlton it all went swimmingly?
#
NN4004, the down "starter" from platform 4 seems rather odd - its SPT is at ground level rather than on the platform and it has a single sided off indicator mounted on a tall pole and would not be visible to the guard at the rear of a train with more than two cars.
;
Are both lines reversible from Lenton North to Mansfield Junction - the new Quail doesn't show that to be the case?
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby 61248 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Network Rail have applied to Gedling council to demolish Netherfield Junction box on or around the 14th April
No great loss architecturally but still a pity to see it go

Off topic but I found a cutting from a Nottm Evening Post of October 1992,telling of plans by Nottm County Council & Regional Railways to transform the local passenger network into Nottm,costing a mere £15m
Ilkeston staton was one proposal,the other main one being a service to Gedling colliery site
We're getting one,Ilkeston,how long for Gedling though?
Last edited by 61248 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby Mad Mac » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Is Trent box now completely closed?
Mad Mac
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby Fast Line Floyd » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 am

Mad Mac wrote:Is Trent box now completely closed?

Yes. See http://forum.signalbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5948&hilit=trent+Junction

Graham
Graham
Fast Line Floyd
Main line box
Main line box

Unread postby John Hinson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 am

. . . and of course also please don't forget there is a wealth of information on this site's "Section C" - the demise of Trent will be found at http://www.signalbox.org/sectionc.php?year=2013 .

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Andrea » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 am

61248 wrote:Network Rail have applied to Gedling council to demolish Netherfield Junction box on or around the 14th April
No great loss architecturally but still a pity to see it go

Off topic but I found a cutting from a Nottm Evening Post of October 1992,telling of plans by Nottm County Council & Regional Railways to transform the local passenger network into Nottm,costing a mere £15m
Ilkeston staton was one proposal,the other main one being a service to Gedling colliery site
We're getting one,Ilkeston,how long for Gedling though?

I think there may originally been a proposal to incorporate the Gedling and Cotgrave branches into the tram network. Since there has been no mention of it recently I imagine the idea has died. :(
Andrea
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby 61248 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby 61248 » Sun Jun 8, 2014 7:40 pm

Another one bites the dust

Netherfield Junction box is now a pile of rubble

Rectory Junction still stands ,though for how much longer is anyones guess

I've heard Bingham is to be demolished on Christmas Day 2014
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby DaveHarries » Mon Jun 9, 2014 8:12 pm

I note from the 'Section C' part of the signalbox.org site that Bottesford West is up for abolition this year. I hope to photo it around the first weekend of August. Will it still be open by then or is it to have been abolished?

Also likewise for St. James Deeping, Mill Green, Spalding and Littleworth: may try and do only one or two of those (not sure which) but the same question applies: will they still be open in the first week of August or will they be gone?

Thanks,
Dave
Last Photo'd: June 2015
Yorkshire (Batley, Cattal, Hammerton, Kirkham, Kiveton Pk, Knaresborough, Poppleton), Teeside (Billingham), Northumberland (Bardon, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Prudhoe, Wylam) & Lincolnshire (Roxton Sidings)

Next trip: TBC
DaveHarries
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby kidneybean » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Bingham and Bottesford West boxes are due to close March 2015. There is a demolition notice for Christmas Day 2015 attached to the fence next to Bingham box but this is definitely incorrect.
Lowdham, Fiskerton Junction, Fiskerton Station, Rolleston and Staythorpe are earmarked for closure November 2015.
kidneybean
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby Mike Stone » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 am

EMT have announced that Matlock-Nottingham services are being extended to Newark in May 2015 - when is Newark Castle box going?
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby Shed 34F » Fri Nov 7, 2014 10:44 am

Mike Stone wrote:EMT have announced that Matlock-Nottingham services are being extended to Newark in May 2015 - when is Newark Castle box going?

Newark Castle is earmarked for closure November 23rd 2015. This means that the new EMT service from Newark Castle to Matlock will use the current crossover at Newark Castle... :roll: The crossover is supposedly being moved further eastwards as part of the resignalling.

The resignalling from Lowdham - Newark is to take place in three segments during 52 hour weekend possessions. The first part will see Lowdham close and a temporary fringe (to EMCC) set up at Fiskerton Junction; the second phase will see the closure of Fiskerton Jn, Fiskerton Stn and Rolleston Crossing boxes with the fringe moved to Staythorpe. The final phase will see the loss of Newark Castle SB. EMCC will then fringe directly to Doncaster PSB at Newark Flat Crossing.

This timescale is subject to change.
One on the Up
Shed 34F
Crossing box
Crossing box

PreviousNext

Return to Signalling - current