Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Ferriby to Gilberdyke resignalling

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Re: Ferriby to Gilberdyke resignalling

Unread postby Fay Singpoint » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Fay Singpoint
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby Mike Stone » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Which says March 2018 for commissioning
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Unread postby si123 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:47 am

What's happening with the signalling between Gilberdyke and Goole there is Green Oak and Saltmarshe are they staying?
si123
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby Fay Singpoint » Sun May 15, 2016 9:03 pm

si123 wrote:What's happening with the signalling between Gilberdyke and Goole there is Green Oak and Saltmarshe are they staying?

Goole Bridge becomes a fringe box to York ROC with Saltmarshe and Green Oak closing and converting to MCB-OD level crossings.
Fay Singpoint
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby JohnCN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Just come across this during a "Surf". Nothing has changed for a long time. The most recent changes along this section were conversion of Melton Lane and Brough East from boom gates to MCBs.

Some work was done in respect of resignalling, not least setting up of a work base at Brough East complete with massive sign telling all and sundry "Ferriby Gilberdyke Resignalling Project" and some works done on the ground, then the base was cleared away and work ceased.

In the meantime, I understand that vacancies in the area were offered to redundant signallers from the North Lincolnshire project.

However, things are now back on the move. A contract has been let to Ansaldo and as I understand it, design work is in hand (What happened to the design that was seemingly done prior to the previous start of work on the ground?).

Whilst the scheme remains billed as Ferriby Gilberdyke, in fact it includes SBs and crossings beyond Gilberdyke on the Goole line (Which means Saltmarshe and is it one LC - Green Goyt Oak or similar intriguing name).

I do not know what the projected commissioning date is, cannot see it being in 2017! I wonder if the abandoned scheme involved a temporary panel at Gilberdyke, or Selby West; it is now certainly York ROC.

On completion, signalling wise trains will pass Hesssle Road - York ROC - Goole Bridge - Goole - Doncaster PSB or Hessle Road - York ROC - Selby West - York IECC.

From stuff I have seen, what seems most odd is that Crabley Creek is to remain as a staffed MCB installation. Its a job for a shift team, but why is a farmer entitled to his own crossing keeper in 21st century signalling?
JohnCN
Trainee
Trainee

Unread postby JohnCN » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Sorry -didn't realise there was a page 2!!
JohnCN
Trainee
Trainee

Previous

Return to Signalling - current