Railway signalling discussion

Black Levers

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Black Levers

Unread postby Kevq » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Fellow users,

please tell me what are the black levers used for in the mechanical boxes. I know they relate to "points control" but what exactly are these points?

Could you please clarify that for me?
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:05 am

Re: Black Levers

Unread postby Mike Hodgson » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Points are what is known in the USA as switches, changing the way the track lies at a junction.
User avatar
Mike Hodgson
Double-manned box
Double-manned box
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Nov 9, 2007 5:30 pm
Location: N Herts

Return to Signalling - current

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest