Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Signal platings, North Bristol area

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Signal platings, North Bristol area

Unread postby John Prytherch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:20 am

Some months ago I noticed that the signals in the Filton Abbey Wood / Bristol Parkway area are now plated "BL". I believe this area is now controlled from Didcot ROC rather than Bristol Panel - is that correct? Could "BL" be a prefix that will cover much of the Bristol area?

John Prytherch
John Prytherch
Crossing box
Crossing box

Re: Signal platings, North Bristol area

Unread postby DaveHarries » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:39 am

John Prytherch wrote:Some months ago I noticed that the signals in the Filton Abbey Wood / Bristol Parkway area are now plated "BL". I believe this area is now controlled from Didcot ROC rather than Bristol Panel - is that correct?

Indeed it is correct. Stoke Gifford workstation I believe. The boundary between TVSC and Bristol PSB is where Wessex Avenue crosses the line. I believe the rest of Filton Bank, along with the Severn Beach line between Narroways Hill Jcn and Clifton Down, isn't going to go into TVSC until some point in 2018.

Dave
Last Photo'd: June 2015
Yorkshire (Batley, Cattal, Hammerton, Kirkham, Kiveton Pk, Knaresborough, Poppleton), Teeside (Billingham), Northumberland (Bardon, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Prudhoe, Wylam) & Lincolnshire (Roxton Sidings)

Next trip: TBC
DaveHarries
Branch line box
Branch line box

Return to Signalling - current