Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Sussex Kent and Wessex Route Resignalling

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Sussex Kent and Wessex Route Resignalling

Unread postby Peter Gibbons » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:57 am

I think I am correct in saying that at London Bridge ASC Panels 1, 2, 3, 8, and 9 have now been abolished. I believe the plans currently are for the remaining Panels 4, 5, 6 and 7 to close progressively from 2018 until 2020

At Victoria ASC Panel 6 and about half of Panel 4 has been abolished. As far as I'm aware there are no immediate plans to this ASC to close, although the rest of Panel 4 might close in 2018.

No panels at Three Bridges ASC have been abolished. As far as I know there are no immediate plans for the closure of this ASC

Unfortunately the proposed resignalling as shown in Section 'C' of this website is becoming woefully out of date with signalling schemes that should have taken place as far back as 2014 not taken place.

For example Littlehaven and Stone Crossing are shown as being abolished in 2014. Both remain operational.

Strood to Paddock Wood (Cuxton, Snodland, Aylesford, Maidstone West, East Farleigh and Wateringbury, Lewes, Newhaven Town, Newhaven Harbour remain operational except for Snodland. All are shown to close in 2015.

Maidstone East, Arundel, Lancing, Littlehapton, Barnham, Chichester (also shown to close in 2023), Eastleigh, Salisbury and Yeovil Pen Mill, plus Whyteleafe South Crossing Box are all shown to close in 2016. All remain operational although planned to close in 2016.

I have no doubt that many of the schemes will take place, but as the list currently stands, it looks more like a Network Rail 'wish list' than a firm timetable of signal box closures.
Peter G
Peter Gibbons
Branch line box
Branch line box

Re: Sussex Kent and Wessex Route Resignalling

Unread postby John Hinson » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 am

Peter Gibbons wrote:Unfortunately the proposed resignalling as shown in Section 'C' of this website is becoming woefully out of date with signalling schemes that should have taken place as far back as 2014 not taken place.

For example Littlehaven and Stone Crossing are shown as being abolished in 2014. Both remain operational.

Strood to Paddock Wood (Cuxton, Snodland, Aylesford, Maidstone West, East Farleigh and Wateringbury, Lewes, Newhaven Town, Newhaven Harbour remain operational except for Snodland. All are shown to close in 2015.

Maidstone East, Arundel, Lancing, Littlehapton, Barnham, Chichester (also shown to close in 2023), Eastleigh, Salisbury and Yeovil Pen Mill, plus Whyteleafe South Crossing Box are all shown to close in 2016. All remain operational although planned to close in 2016.

Nick, who kindly manages that section of the site, would I am sure be glad to hear from you with that information. And perhaps sharing or handing over the workload to you. Contact information will be found on the Section C page.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sussex Kent and Wessex Route Resignalling

Unread postby collexions » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:I think I am correct in saying that at London Bridge ASC Panels 1, 2, 3, 8, and 9 have now been abolished. I believe the plans currently are for the remaining Panels 4, 5, 6 and 7 to close progressively from 2018 until 2020

2017/12 - Stage HL17 - Panel 4 will be subsumed at HL17 stage this coming Christmas when London Bridge & North Kent East RRIs are both relocked to CBI, and extend the Cannon Street & Charing Cross TB-ROC Thameslink desks established earlier (CX @ Stages HL07/HL15 & Cannon Street WS @ Stage HL12). A 1 year temporary North Kent East WS desk will be put in place until TM/ARS is introduced at Xmas 2018, then will go back to being one combined WS 'Cannon Street'.

All Thameslink workstations (LB South Central, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Thameslink Core) will have ARS/IRS & Interfaced TM (forecast) by Xmas 2018. Isolated TM by earlier in 2018.

2018/12 - Stage CC01 - Parks Bridge, New Beckenham, Elmers End, Hayes Relay Interlockings are to be straight recontrolled from Panels 5 & 6 (Partial) onto new Thameslink WS8 Lewisham & WS9 Grove Park 'A' workstations at TB-ROC.

2019/04 - Remainder of Panel 5 - Angerstein RRI is relocked to CBI and appended to the WS8 Lewisham Thameslink Desk @ TB-ROC

2019/08 - Panel 7 - Hither Green (overlaid) SSIs are to be relocked to CBI and either be added into Grove Park Thameslink desk @ TB-ROC or onto a new Grove Park 'B' WS.
ARS over all at final configuration.

All of stages CC01/Angerstein & Hither Green will have Isolated TM (mid 2018) & ARS (by Xmas 2019)

Peter Gibbons wrote:At Victoria ASC Panel 6 and about half of Panel 4 has been abolished. As far as I'm aware there are no immediate plans to this ASC to close, although the rest of Panel 4 might close in 2018.

2016/04 - Panel 3 (Partial) was relocked (Streatham) and recontrolled to TB-ROC as Streatham WS in 2016.

2018/08 - Panel 5(?) Next relock and recontrol is the Sutton & Wimbledon RRIs to CBI, and recontrolled to new Sutton-Wimbledon WS @ TB-ROC.
ARS was proposed for both of the above in 2018, but NR have descoped due to cash de-prioritisation. Streatham WS will have Isolated TM in 2018.
No further plans beyond that in CP6, though Balham RRI is now long life expired, and would likely be next (remainder of Panel 3)

Peter Gibbons wrote:No panels at Three Bridges ASC have been abolished. As far as I know there are no immediate plans for the closure of this ASC

No plans for any recontrol, but plans are afoot to put ARS & Isolated TM onto all 9 (inc. Horsham) Panels at TB-ASC by Easter 2019 (end of CP5)

This is the picture as of now, my role being production management for the development and provision of the Traffic Management System into the NR Thameslink project.
collexions
Crossing box
Crossing box

Return to Signalling - current