Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Hull - Saltmarshe

Current and future British signalling (UK except Northern Ireland)

Hull - Saltmarshe

Unread postby DaveHarries » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Greetings,

The post elsewhere in this forum about boxes from previous years in the Section C part of this website which are still in operation brings me onto this one.

I understand that Gilberdyke Junction SB, Oxmardyke GB, Broomfleet SB, Cave GB, Brough East SB, Welton GB, Melton Lane SB and Saltmarshe SB, all listed in the Section C of this website for closure in 2016, are to close around March / April 2018. Crabley Creek will, I hear, remain as a gatebox.

I am trying to set aside a long weekend to get some photos in for these boxes as well as some to the north of that line.

HTIOI,
Dave
Last Photo'd: June 2015
Yorkshire (Batley, Cattal, Hammerton, Kirkham, Kiveton Pk, Knaresborough, Poppleton), Teeside (Billingham), Northumberland (Bardon, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Prudhoe, Wylam) & Lincolnshire (Roxton Sidings)

Next trip: TBC
DaveHarries
Branch line box
Branch line box

Re: Hull - Saltmarshe

Unread postby John Hinson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:07 pm

As I said before, I'm sure an update to Nick would be appreciated. He rarely frequents this forum, so there is little point in notifying corrections to his section here.

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hull - Saltmarshe

Unread postby colin1501 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Dave

Visited the line over this last weekend and photographed all the boxes from Gilberdyke to Melton Lane. Resignalling is due to be completed by March next year, but as yet there's not much evidence of work on the ground, other than some new AWS ramps and foundations for equipment buildings. There are no new signals in place. I should think you've got a few months yet.

Colin
colin1501
Branch line box
Branch line box

Return to Signalling - current