Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

LMS U Type Electric Lever Locks - Slides required / for swap

Technical talk on signalling matters

LMS U Type Electric Lever Locks - Slides required / for swap

Unread postby Flipper_T_Rox » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 am

Hi all,

The Great Central Railway has long standardised on the LMS 'U Type' electric lever lock and circuit controller, and over many years we have built up a reasonable stock of them - enough to see us out hopefully, including any future requirements north of "the gap".

Unfortunately, due to an historic quirk of geography, which sees our LNER-centric line utterly surrounded by the LMS / Midland Region, almost all of the locks we hold are configured for Remote End Normally Out, whereas all of our lever frames require Remote End Normally In slides and circuit-controller cam-plates.

The slides and the cam-plates are easily swapped, but we have now exhausted all of our meager supply of Remote End In slides. For the recent Swithland resignalling we had to resort to manufacturing them, which was both expensive and time consuming.

It occurs to us that there may, conceivably, be another railway in the opposite position, with a stock of Remote End In slides but a need for Remote End Out.

So, just to test the water, does anyone know of anyone who might be interested in doing a swap of slides and cam-plates, to everyone's mutual advantage ?

Regards

Shawn, GCR S&T
S&T Installer
Great Central Railway
Flipper_T_Rox
Branch line box
Branch line box

Re: LMS U Type Electric Lever Locks - Slides required / for

Unread postby John White » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi Shawn,
The East Lancs Railway would be delighted to swop some "I" slides for some "O" slides.

Sad to say, for our work at Rawtenstall, I have had to convert some the opposite way, as most of our frames require "O" type; wish I'd known last year, drat..
That said, there are a few "I" slides still in stock; give me a week or so to count up, and I'll p.m. you with the answer.

thanks for asking,
best wishes
John White.
John White.
John White
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby Flipper_T_Rox » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 am

Hi John,

That is fantastic, thank you very much. Let me know what slides you want in return, and I will sort them out our end.

Our most pressing need is for I/NB slides, but we will cheerfully swap out any configuration of I-type slides you can spare.

Regards

Shawn
S&T Installer
Great Central Railway
Flipper_T_Rox
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby John White » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Shawn,
would you pm me an email address,
thanks,