Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

SelTrac - CBTC

Technical talk on signalling matters

SelTrac - CBTC

Unread postby micron » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:46 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have detailed information on the make up and operation of how SelTrac works, I guess either a training manual, or maintenance documentation, or point me in the direction of where I can get my hands on a copy

Thanks

Trev
micron
Branch line box
Branch line box

Re: SelTrac - CBTC

Unread postby John Hinson » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:02 am

‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby micron » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 am

It's a start John, thank you, I was w seeing if anyone had installed it or maintained it and had some course notes.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the components and how it all works!

Thanks again

Trev
micron
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby Andrew Waugh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:11 pm

When I looked about 4 or 5 months ago, I could find little technical information on the web for any of the CBTC systems. The manufacturers all had brochures, but they mostly focused on explaining the benefits of CBTC systems and high level glossy pictures, with little real technical detail. They certainly didn't give you a good idea about how the systems actually worked.

I found the best source of information were recent books; particularly Volumes 2 & 3 of 'Railway signalling and automation' by Walter Schon, Guy Larraufi, Gilbert Moens, and Jacques Pore. (I was lucky enough to find relatively cheap secondhand copies in a bookshop in the wilds of the eastern UK fens :-)

Be aware that SelTrac is more a marketing name than a technology name. The underlying technology has evolved considerably from the original system in the 1980s, and the various generations are not compatible.

I would still be interested more information if anyone knows of other sources...
Andrew Waugh
Branch line box
Branch line box

Return to S&T Department