Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

My website of Austrian interlockings, plus a call for help

Signalling outside the UK (but including Northern Ireland), past, present and future

Re: My website of Austrian interlockings, plus a call for he

Unread postby Is Line Clear » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 pm

[quote="hmmueller"]Hi all -

A few days ago I started a probably very weird project: I translate my (still growing) website of mostly Austrian interlockings into English: http://interlockings.blogspot.com.

Below is an edit of my posting.

Adrian

Oops - my use of [quote] seems to have gone a bit odd. What follows is my response.

I read your posts regularly [hmmueller] and am amazed at your good use of English - a lot of it technical. I wonder how many English people could write as fluently as you do in another (non-native) language?
7-5-5
Is Line Clear
Branch line box
Branch line box

Unread postby hmmueller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 pm

left wrote:Thanks, all very interesting. A quick question, if I may: do you have more photos about Switzerland of what you already posted?

Thanks. I do have a few (1 or 2 dozen) more, but they have not yet been excavated from my boxes and scanned ... so you have to wait until they surface. That's it, then (I stopped taking photos around 1990 - family etc. ...).

H.M.
==== Austrian signal boxes and interlockings (German and English), with some looks beyond ====
hmmueller
Crossing box
Crossing box

Unread postby hmmueller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Is Line Clear wrote:I ... am amazed at your good use of English - a lot of it technical.

Well, thank you. Good to know that there are not too many mistakes in my texts (I struggle sometimes with this/these and the like). Unfortunately, there is no other language that I can write passably ...

H.M.
==== Austrian signal boxes and interlockings (German and English), with some looks beyond ====
hmmueller
Crossing box
Crossing box

Previous

Return to Signalling - overseas