Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

Swanage Railway - Project Wareham

Signalling on heritage railways

Re: Swanage Railway - Project Wareham

Unread postby Mike Stone » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:05 am

I presume that a token has to be withdrawn from the machine at Wareham to enable the signal accessing the branch at Worgret to be cleared?
;
I had anticipated there to be some special instruction in the SA but the only change seems to have been substitution of a note in the remarks column of table A that all trains must stop at Wareham, for the one saying a weeks notice was required.
Mike Stone
Mike Stone
Rest-day relief
Rest-day relief

Re: Swanage Railway - Project Wareham

Unread postby StevieG » Sat Sep 2, 2017 10:24 am

Mike Stone wrote:I presume that a token has to be withdrawn from the machine at Wareham to enable the signal accessing the branch at Worgret to be cleared?
;
I had anticipated there to be some special instruction in the SA but the only change seems to have been substitution of a note in the remarks column of table A that all trains must stop at Wareham, for the one saying a weeks notice was required.
'Down token out' is required for PW5247 to clear to the branch; or at least it was when the Poole-Wool resignalling was commissioned here.
There should also be two token machines at Wareham, one on each platform (the Up platform is bi-directional, between the facing crossover at the London end and the trailer at the other, with a Down direction main signal, applying only UM - DM, at the west end of the platform, parallel with that for the Down line).
BZOH

/
\ \ \ //\ \
/// \ \ \ \
StevieG
Double-manned box
Double-manned box

Previous

Return to Signalling - heritage railways