When we started setting up signals in the garden about 5-6 years ago, and wished to light them electrically, as well as light up the access path leading to and passing in front of the box, we set up some simple cable ducting around the edge of our garden using featheredge fencing boards. This was a quick and simple method. But with the passage of time and nailed rather than screwed construction, the stresses of weather and vibration from trains have taken their toll:
So we decided on a replacement ducting, which can be seen in the above picture, sitting on the ground awaiting installation. And this is it in place:
At the top of the garden a 'kinky' bit was needed to connect the new duct to the older trunking across the top of the garden:
The recovered featheredge boards from the old duct are to be reused in due course to reinforce the older duct where it runs across the top end of the site. The construction will be screwed together for a longer life.