Signals

THE SIGNAL BOX

Railway signalling discussion

High Hackton

For railway modellers to discuss and share ideas on realistic signalling arrangements.

High Hackton

Unread postby whiteswan » Thu Mar 3, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi,
Newish member here, been lurking for a while to pick up tips and see what's permissble etc. I know little about signalling other that what I've managed to learn from the internet etc over the past couple of years in building a layout for my grandson.

Is it permissible to post a partial track layout diagram as I have a an N gauge GWR/SR/BR 'ish layout (Rule 1 firmly applies I've been informed) for part of which I'm having trouble deciding in what signalling to use. I keep going backwards and forwards over one particular area as to what to do and could really do with some advice. I don't what to over signal and make it too complicated but would like some working signals to add to the realism.

Initially I'm using 2/3 aspect colour light signals (built from CR Signals kits) but as skills (and finances) progress hope to update some of the 40 odd signals to semaphore, certainly on the branch line reversing loop at least.

It is a reasonably traffic intensive DCC, Railroad & Co and Digitrax controlled layout with some manual movements etc as required. The signals will be controlled automatically via CML Electonics SIGM20 signal controller boards via Digitrax Loconet (I'm quite proud of myself in that I've managed to program the first board correctly).

Thanks
Carol [ Signalling <8-) ]
whiteswan
Trainee
Trainee

Re: High Hackton

Unread postby John Hinson » Thu Mar 3, 2011 7:33 pm

whiteswan wrote:Is it permissible to post a partial track layout diagram as I have a an N gauge GWR/SR/BR 'ish layout

Yes indeed - same rules as for photographs apply. See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35 .

Best wishes,

John
‹(•¿•)›
John Hinson
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Signalling - model railways/simulators